Plans are well underway for the FYMS Annual May Fair on Saturday 12th May from 12.00 noon until 4.00pm.
This event is FYMS’ biggest fundraisers. It is also one of the biggest social events of the school year and is enjoyed by parents, staff, family and friends. There is always plenty to entertain all members of the community with stalls, bouncy castles, BBQ, face painting, tombola, a plant stall and much more.
This year the Fair will have a Royal Wedding theme and there will be several activities to mark this special occasion. There will also be an arena and children from across the whole school are invited to take part in performances during the afternoon.
How you can help
The May Fair cannot run without the help and support of staff and parents and there are lots of ways you can help:
- Volunteer to help on a stall. Offers of help for an hour or more would be very gratefully received
- Bake some cakes for the Tea Tent. Please note that all donations must be nut free.
- Donate bedding plants, plant pots or hanging baskets for the plant stall.
- Offer donations of Union Jack bunting
If you are able to help in any of these ways please email email@example.com
Royal Wedding Theme
Crown and Tiara Parade
Nursery and Pre-Prep children are invited to be a prince or princess for the afternoon and take part in the Crown and Tiara Parade. Children should make their own amazing crown or tiara at home and bring it to the May Fair – the more sparkle the better!
Royal Wedding Competitions
There will also be two Royal Wedding competitions which are open to all children and adults.
- Make your own version of the Royal Wedding cake. Only one tier is required and it can be any type of cake you choose.
- Create the ultimate Royal Wedding Bouquet. Bouquets can be made of flowers or an alternative crafts! Let your imagination run riot.
There will be rosettes for the winner of each category.
We are very grateful to the following companies who have generously donated prizes for the May Fair.